January 11, 2017

Reverie: Colton's 10th Birthday

This day, at 9:27pm, 10 years ago, the most significant event occured in my life,
your birth.

As long as I could remember I always wanted a little brother or sister, and you fullfilled my
life long dream. I remember falling in love with you, I remember you falling in love with
me. I remember dressing you up in all your outfits and doing photoshoots, and you were
happy to let me.

I'm not sure what to say, its not fair that you had your life taken so soon. You never
got to learn how to ride a bike, you never got to get excited for your birthday, or Christmas.
You never got to have your first day of school, you just missed out on so much,
more importantly, the world missed out on having such an amazing little boy in it.

You werenn't even two years old and you had the ability to change my entire life,

You are one of the questions I have that I'll never have an answer to,
why did you have to live, and love me, and why did you have to die before you ever got to live?

Colton, you are such a blessing, and I pray one day I get to hold you again,

I wonder if you've stayed only a baby or if your a child...

Either which way, no matter how old either of us get, you will always be my baby brother,
the little boy who changed my entire life in less then 2 years.

Happy Birthday Colton,

Love your Big Sister <3

2 comments:

Holly said...

This is beautiful Amanda <3

Amanda Kelly said...

thank you!