August 26, 2010

Reverie: Eat These Inconvenient Truths

One thing that really pisses me off, are people who like to say that "drugs ruined my life".. "meth did this" and "cocaine did that"....Here is one thing that is a hard realization: YOU did it. You bought it. You liked it. You chose it over everything else.

A lot of programs and information that is out there lacks those facts. They like to advertise that drugs are ruining people's lives, but its not the drugs at all, its the people.

In rehab they say part of getting sober is acknowledging you have a problem. The next step should be taking responsibility for that problem instead of blaming the drugs.

If a person who made a conscious decision to smoke even though the label shows all the warning and disgusting chemicals, got cancer and died, as the package said they would... would they blame the smoke companies or the person who made the choice to smoke knowing the very probable consequences?

See our society has fallen prey to the victim role. Its a shame.

I used to do drugs. I was not peer-pressured, tricked or else wise. I knew exactly what I was taking, and what the consequences could/would be. I knew each time I popped a tab of X I could die. and you know what?? I popped 30. because I could. Its not like they were sitting there begging me to eat them....

Guess what? I also quit drugs, cold turkey, without any help. Its all in your head, you just have to find it within yourself.

Anyways... Keep it Rock'n

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

cocaine is one hell of a drug

the same guy as the last one said...

and by that I mean don't even compare its addictive aspect to X.

Anonymous said...

so true.