May 15, 2009

Reverie: by Pikatchu.

My memories are burning metal
Sweet regrets held fast with iron fists
It didn't hurt like you thought
Not like it made me sick
I've done it since, and I'll do it again
We drown our angels in delicate brews
Tasty delights that tingle the mind
Untold events happen behind closed doors
But I won't blush in the morning, it's happened before
Call me a wasted rainbow, who's colors bleed free
You'll never feel like this
Only the wretched become so grateful
I'm done, and already flying
Feeling the lights twist and turn my vision
The ground begins to fall, or so it seems
We decieve others as to where we've been
For surely we can't remember
Feels like ice burning holes in my lies
Don't ask questions, don't give advice
Just hold my hair while I make room for tonight
Its so seductive, we'll do it again
We have to; we always go back for more
We'll never stop, not until it takes its final hold
But sooner or later, the lights burn out
We'll all waste away, like the Hollywood lights

0 comments: